Well lunch today was two opposite dishes, first very old and traditional the other kind of new and modern. Had to do this to please everyone and hopefully to have enough leftovers for tomorrow.
Okra with olive oil, a simple dish with few ingredients, you simply fry okra with some olive oil till crispy, add chopped garlic and tomatoes. Add salt, pepper and chili and leave on very low heat till all done.
Other dish was chicken cubes cooked till done with some chopped onion and garlic, then I added fresh mushrooms, broccoli and fresh cream and cooked till cream is thick and veggies tender,all served on a bed of fresh yummy pasta from Maysas.Pasta.
How’s your weekend so far? cold cloudy weather , it’s like winter all over again
Well guess a chicken curry is just perfect in this weather, hot and spicy and a favorite for my eldest son.
As for an option for my hubby who doesn’t like curry at all I made some fried mloukhieh , meaning cooked with some onions ,garlic and minced meat with olive oil, salt and pepper. No broth at all and eaten with bread , don’t know why they call it Bourani Mloukhieh.
Just realized that I haven’t posted since Feb 10’th , never happened before by the way, reason is that I’ve been very busy lately preparing for catering a big dinner for my sister in-law’s daughter farewell dinner. Thank God it was a big success, food was delicious and everybody was happy . Congratulations lovely bride to be.
Just had our late lunch or rather dinner you can say, it was a delicious selection of dishes, crunchy chicken which is a recipe I saw on Fatafeat cooking channel , cheese and olives puffs a recipe from my lovely friend Rula and roca salad.
As I saw chicken recipe on Chef Nigella Lawson’s show the other night , so easy and looked yummy and all was proved today.
Ingredients and method:
*4 pieces chicken breasts.
* 1 egg.
* 2 tablespoons mustard.
*1 tsp salt.
*1 tsp cinnamon.
*1 tsp chili flakes.
*1 tsp garlic powder or chopped garlic .
*2 cups crushed cornflakes.
*some oil for frying the chicken.
*beat chicken breasts till flat and thin.
mix mustard , egg ,spices and salt well.
* Dip chicken in mixture in both sides.
*cover with cornflakes .
* you can saute in hot oil on both sides immediately or freeze then for 30 minutes before better.
*Serve with any salad or sauteed veggies.
As for the cheese olive puffs, recipe with full details are in this link, made two pans one with olives the other without.
Easy delicious dish,type that kids love cause it doesn’t need rolling or any effort,just slice and dig in. I also made some spring rolls , sheets are ready but I made the stuffing and sauce, so fresh and crunchy, I’ll post recipe later on .
Ingredients and method of Fajita laof:
shredded chicken breasts ( used 4 today)
1 thinly sliced onion.
1 cup shredded sweet colored peppers.
salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and crushed chili.
1 loaf of toast bread .
1/2 cup Kraft or Puck cream cheese.
2 cups cheddar cheese ( white and yellow)
1/2 cup cream.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
Saute chicken in a heated skillet till done.
remove from pan then add oil, saute onions,peppers .
add chicken pieces.
add salt,pepper,cumin,coriander , chili and fajita spices and mix all well.
turn off heat then add cream cheese.
remove bread crust,line up in a greased oven pan.
add chicken vegetable mix then cover with another layer of bread.
sprinkle cheese on top.
add cream all around sides of pan so then bread won’t be dry
bake the loaf in a medium heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
you can decorate with chopped spring onions and coriander.
I actually decided what to cook only late this afternoon,had no clue at all and nobody as usual gave me any option.
Well only my freezer and pantry are the ones that can decide and final dish was pesto pasta and chicken Picatta with a buttery lemony sauce. Easy quick meal with a small Caprese Salad on the side.
Ingredients and method of chicken and sauce :
* Small pieces of chicken breasts.
* salt,pepper, Italian herbs if available.
* some flour.
* 2 tablespoons butter.
* 1 small finely chopped onion.
* 2 finely chopped garlic cloves.
* 2 tablespoons capers.
* juice of one lemon.
* season chicken pieces with salt, pepper and herbs.
* coat with flour then freeze for 30 minutes.
* meanwhile sauté onions and garlic in hot butter then add capers and lemon juice.
* fry or bake chicken as you prefer, you can grill them as well.
Sorry for the delay but it was such a busy day,we even had lunch which was Moussaka very late.
Today’s order was for my cousin and neighbor,quesadillas and cinnabon rolls. Doing them for the first time and recipe from the net with some alterations specially in the glaze ingredients cause it contained too much sugar.
Extra dough turned into orange buttons, simple knots with marmalade on top, these were amazing.
# 4 tablespoons butter.
# 1/4 cup brown sugar.
# 1/4 cup sugar.
# 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
# 1/4 cup walnuts.
# 4 pieces Kiri cheese.
# 1/4 cup icing sugar(سكر ناعم)
# 1 pack cream ( علبه قشطه)
* use half of the milk quantity, dissolve in it yeast and sugar.
* beat egg, butter and rest of milk.
* add yeast milk sugar mixture after it froths and beat all together.
* gradually add flour and a pinch of salt till you get a soft dough.
* leave it covered in a warm place to rise.
* prepare the filling, mix all ingredients together.
* when dough rises roll it to a big rectangular shape spreading flour under and over it to prevent sticking.
*spread filling then roll it.
* cut to 2 inches pieces, turn around and flatten them a bit.
* arrange rolls in a greased pan then bake in a medium heated oven for 20-30 minutes or till golden from sides.
* mix glaze ingredients and beat well till creamy then add on top of rolls while still hot.