I have to admit, I’m super lazy in my posts this Ramadan but I do post daily on banancooking page everyday.
Last days are usually less active iftar time cause everybody starts preparing for Eid. Date rolls orders already in process plus I’m making the super yummy pistachio rose water cookies and rock cookies with nuts and spices.
Today’s iftar was a kind of breakfast than dinner, cheese platter and kishek.
Last samboosek in Ramadan.
Not a Ramadan related thing but it was a super cake, Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Cake.
Though I post this recipe of making a healthy dish of fava beans many times but it’s always requested.
Did one this morning and took with me to a lovely breakfast gathering at our dear friend’s house.
I use a can of cooked fava beans,heat it very well then add it to a mixture of chopped green or dry onions,chopped tomatoes,fresh mint and parsley leaves,juice of half a lemon,1 small spoon of cumin powder,dried mint,paprika,salt, a sprinkle of hot chili powder and olive oil.
Two lovely friends came to visit this morning and since I woke up so early today I decided to bake some ka3ek.
A small simple breakfast with minted tea,I always feel good about myself when I bake breads don’t know why, guess it’s the smell maybe.
Dough ingredients :
* 6 and extra half cups flour.
* 2 tablespoons oil.
* 1 tablespoon instant yeast.
* 2 tablespoons sugar.
* 2 1/2 cups lukewarm water.
* 2 teaspoons salt.
* 1/2 cup milk.
* some sesame seeds.
* some semolina to sprinkle under the Ka3ek.
* Mix water,yeast and sugar and leave ten minutes till bubbles are formed.
* Mix flour,salt and oil then add yeast and water and knead well.
* leave in a warm place till it rises ( 1-2 hours)
* knead again then form it to loaf shape or place a metal ring inside to make a circle in the middle.
* Brush with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds in top.
* leave to rise again then bake in a well heated oven for 15 minutes.
this hot weather did a miracle in raising these buns.