I now strongly believe that some recipes do actually call me to try them, I know this might be weird but true cause I look through many many recipes on daily basis but not all interest me to try them.
Well couple of days ago I saw this light healthy recipe in an account I follow on named Bandora (means tomatoes) , vegan type of kibbeh great for vegetarians or lint.
Fifty percent of ingredients is burgul, other half is sautéed onions and tomatoes, raw green onions, carrots,zucchini, coriander, parsely, mint, chili paste,salt, pepper,summaq and olive oil. All together in the food processor.
Boiled some beetroots yesterday , it’s the season you know, so today I searched for something new to make with them other than salads .Since I have a box of ready made hummus this mix seemed a good option.
Mix is so easy ,all together in the food processor :
*boiled beetroots.( I used 2 large ones)
* half cup of hummus or 1 cup boiled chickpeas.
*1 tablespoon tahini sauce.
*1 tablespoon lemon juice.
*1 tsp of each, salt, cumin and chili powder.
*1 clove garlic.
That’s it! see super easy especially if you have ready hummus. By the way one can find many kinds and flavors of them these days, all good .
you can decorate dish with anything you like, today a added spring onions, sesame and black seeds.
A really healthy cheerful dish that works great as dip with chips or veggies and of course a great option for kids as a trick to eat healthy stuff.
Did this old traditional dish today for a friend, only difference this time was that I used fresh pasta done by my dear friend Maysa and result was so good.
I think fresh pasta gave it the exact richness and texture it needed.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 cup brown lentils.
* 2-3 cloves garlic
* 3-4 onions.
* bunch of coriander.
* 1/2 cup lemon juice.
* 2 spoons pomegranate sauce ( دبس رمان ).
* 1 cup small size pasta.
* cubed fried pitta bread.
* salt, pepper, cumin powder.
* wash lentils then boil in 4 cups of water , add salt and 1 spoon cumin.
* add the pasta and leave to simmer till done.
* add lemon juice, pomegranate sauce.
* fry the onions in oil till golden.
* crush garlic and chop coriander then saute them in some oil.
* add half the amount of onions and garlic to lentil pasta mixture. Leave to simmer till it thickens and homogeneous. You might need to add some water.
* upon serving,, in a deep dish put some of the bread in the bottom.
*add the lentil mixture.
* decorate with the rest if garlic, onions and bread cubes.
* serve hot.
I also poured it in small cups, very cute presentation.
I have to admit, I’m super lazy in my posts this Ramadan but I do post daily on banancooking page everyday.
Last days are usually less active iftar time cause everybody starts preparing for Eid. Date rolls orders already in process plus I’m making the super yummy pistachio rose water cookies and rock cookies with nuts and spices.
Today’s iftar was a kind of breakfast than dinner, cheese platter and kishek.
Last samboosek in Ramadan.
Not a Ramadan related thing but it was a super cake, Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Cake.