Tried this recipe that’s been popping in front of me whenever I open Pinterest and since my husband and son are on diet cause of stomach flu plus I have these lovely zucchinis from the farm.
A lovely zucchini carrot pie,crust is salty pie dough and filling is same as asparagus pie but I omitted the egg then you line up thin slices of veggies consequently till you get a nice shape and bake.
ingredients and method:
For the crust:
* 1 egg, beaten.
* 1 tsp salt.
* 3/4 cup butter.
* 1 1/2 cup flour.
* 2 big spoons cold water.
* 2 tablespoons labaneh or sour cream.
* 1 tsp mustard.
* 1 egg ( I added 2 tablespoons yogurt instead today)
* 1/2 cup grated cheese ( any kind that melts or Parmesan)
* salt and pepper.
* oregano to sprinkle on top.
* thinly sliced zucchinis and carrots.
* knead dough and leave to rest for 30 minutes then spread in a pie pan.
* mix filling very well then spread over pie crust.
* line the veggie slices consequently till all covered then sprinkle oregano on top.
* cover with foil then bake in a medium heated oven for 30-40 minutes or till veggies are done ( you can boil carrots a bit before lining them cause they stayed hard a bit)
* roast surface till crispy and serve when cooled a bit.
I also made pasta with yogurt garlic and mint and potato soup.