As I posted earlier I’m invited to a special occasion.my cousin gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.usually caraway pudding is served (كراويه او مغلي ) in all middle eastern countries.
Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Palestine it’s done the same way.
In Egypt they do it diffrently and call it Mughli.
I will write about the one we usually make.this is my mother in law’s recipe.always perfect.
*2 cups powdered rice.
*2 big heaped spoons powdered caraway seeds( كراويه مطحونه ).
*1 big spoon cinnamon.( قرفه مطحونه)
*1 big spoon powdered anise seeds (يانسون مطحون )
* 9 cups cold water.
* almonds.pine nuts.pistachios soaked in water overnight and or roasted crushed hazelnuts.
*Mix all dry ingredients together in a large pan.
* add cold water and mix well.
* keep mixing while on the stove till mixture thickens and bubbles are formed.
Note: take care cause mixture needs to be constantly stirred or lumps will form and it’ll be ruined.
* serve in cups hot or cold as preferable.
* top each cup with nuts after removing water of course, raisins and coconut, also according to each person’s taste.
Well I must mention, that my auntie had made a wide selection of many delicacies served before the caraway.i’ll show you pictures and will sure post recipies later on don’t worry.
Big Thank You our beloved auntie..يعطيكي الف عافيه باﻻفراح على طول.