Craved something sweet last night or actually I saw this recipe on TV couple of days ago,bought puff pastry Saturday so as to do it when the occasion pops up.
It’s a very easy dessert that you can do anytime you have sudden guests, just keep a pack of puff pastry always ready in your freezer and I guess bananas are always available most of the times.
Ingredients and method:
* 1 square pack of puff pastry.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 1/4 cup water.
* 1 tsp butter.
* 5-6 big bananas.
* a sprinkle of cinnamon.
* In a deep oven skillet or pan add sugar and water, heat till caramelized and golden.
* add butter then cut bananas to medium sized pieces and arrange over caramel.
* sprinkle with cinnamon.
*roll the pastry to a big circle then cover all over bananas and secure edges.
* bake in a well heated oven till pastry puffs and become golden.
* while still hot turn it upside down quickly.
* serve with vanilla ice cream or whipping cream.
Lunch today was frittata ( عجه) and I made some spinach pastries and rest of dough I baked it in a deep pan and made a loaf.
Kept some spinach and made a spinach cheese quiche,yummy yummy.