Woke up early today,a day can be very long and one can do many things when starting early that’s for sure.
So cause I have lots of time before cooking lunch I made anise cake. Very easy and healthy as breakfast with coffee if anyone is in a hurry to go out. It resembles the anise sticks you buy from bakeries but of course doesn’t compete with homemade baked ones.
* 4 eggs.
* 1 cup sugar.
* 1/2 cup olive oil.
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil.
* 2 big spoons anise powder.
* 2 big spoons anise seeds.
* sesame seeds
* 2 tsp baking powder.
* 1 tsp vanilla.
* 2 cups flour.
* mix eggs, vanilla, sugar with electric mixer till fluffy. Add rest of ingredients.
* sprinkle bottom of pan with sesame seeds, add the cake mixture and bake in medium oven for 30 minutes or dry in center.
* when cooled cut to slices and roast again till golden from both sides.( مثل شكل القرشله)
* leave to cool completely then keep in well closed jar or tin.